Geek Gatherings LLC is putting on two conferences simultaneously this October
in Phoenix. Attendees may attend sessions in both conferences for the price of
one! The two conferences will be held in the same conference center, share
meals, and exhibitor space.
Registration for the conferences is now available using our
The main conference is Thursday, October 17 through Sunday, October
20. Pre-conference sessions are available on Thursday.
Register before July 1 for a $125 super-saver discount,
free half-day pre-conference session, and eligibility
for drawings of the following:
Register before September 1 for a $50 early-bird discount.
Main Conference Pricing
Super-saver price (before July 1): $670
Early-bird price (before September 1): $745
Regular price (September 1 and later): $795
Super-saver price (before July 1): First one free! Second one
Regular price (July 1 and later): $99 per session
- Entrance to the keynote on Thursday evening.
- Entrance to all conference sessions on Friday, Saturday, and
- Entrance to any bonus sessions offered in the evening.
- Lunch Friday and Saturday.
- Dinner Friday night.
- Access to all white papers (required for each session)**,
examples, and slides provided by the speakers. These will be available on
our FTP site before the conference starts so you can read in advance, print
out, and bring to the conference if you wish.
- Access to the vendors area where vendors will be selling tools, products,
- Lots of time to network with other developers.
- Conference booklet (PDF format).
- Conference t-shirt (if you register before we order them on September 21)
- Conference bag with materials.
- Lots of networking opportunities with the presenters and other conference
**At best you can attend just over half of the sessions. This is why it is so
important that each speaker provides materials for their sessions. You can
read the materials for sessions you cannot see in person and even contact the
speaker with questions after the conference, or during the conference if you
wish. Our speakers are some of the best in the world and are very open to
discussing their topics anytime during the conference.
Our session schedule will be available in mid-September. Sessions will run
in five or six rooms during a given time slot. You have the sometimes difficult job of
picking which session you want during each time slot. We will also have the
KOKOPELLI application available in mid-September which does a pretty good job
of helping you pick sessions you are most interested in and suggests a
schedule that best fits your choices.
Optionally you can attend pre-conference sessions in the morning and afternoon Thursday (lunch is included if you sign up for two sessions). These are $99 each; the first one is free if you register before July 1.
A 15% cancellation fee will be charged on all credit card registrations.
A refund of the full registration fee, other than the cancellation fee, will
be made if cancelled is in writing prior to September 1. No refunds for
cancellations received September 1 or later, but registration may be
transferred to another person or applied to the next Geek Gatherings
conference, if one is held by Geek Gatherings.
Other Costs to Budget
- Parking at your home airport if you do not take a taxi or get a ride from
- Travel to and from Phoenix (typically airfare unless you live within driving
- Travel from the Phoenix airport to the
conference hotel and return to the airport.
- Hotel room.
- Other meals not noted (depending on registrations we may offer breakfast as
we have in past years).
- Bar bill: people who attend the conference like to extend their day talking
about software development and catching up with friends.
User Group Discount
Geek Gatherings is offering a unique discount to user groups. Please
see the User Groups
page for details.
Southwest Fox Scholarships
Do you want to get some of your conference fee covered by Southwest
Fox platinum sponsors White Light Computing and Tomorrow's Solutions?
See the Scholarship page for details.
Conference Attendance Justification Help Offer
Is your boss giving you a hard time about attending a conference?
Let us know. Rick Schummer is willing to talk to or email each and every
one of them to help you get the okay to head to any software conference.
He is totally serious. Rick has fought numerous times with former bosses
to get himself to a conference as well as teammates. He has a way of
getting them to see the light!